Friday, March 6, 2009

Wilkommen

Well, now that I've got your attention ...

1st, I do not have ED ... and I do not take the little blue pill (no matter how many times you ask me to, Pam)

And, I'm not quite 40, yet. That will happen on June 14 of this year. Mentally, I've latched into this milestone bday.

So, what's the crazy blog about??? Apparently I am the stereotypical middle-age man searching for youth through powerful automobiles. Either that, or I just love powerful automobiles. You can decide.

Bottom line is that Pam and I will be traveling to Germany in a few weeks to visit our new car, a 2009 BMW M3 Convertible (vert). We are taking advantage of a program that BMW calls the European Delivery (ED) that provides a deep discount on the vehicle if you show up in Munich to take possession of the car.

When I first heard about this program, I thought it was a joke ... how could a car company discount the vehicle if we go to the factory to get it? How do I get it home? Is it an American built car? etc.

Of course, BMW has this all nailed down, though.

The discount comes from the fact that BMW does not compensate the dealer for selling the car. It's up to the dealer to get from me what they can above ED Invoice price ... we settled on $1K.

BMW takes care of all shipping arrangements and costs. You get 13 potential European cities that you can drop off the car and they get it to your assigned dealership at no additional cost. Really, we pay this shipping fee as part of the invoice.

And, yes, it is an American spec'ed car :0) Would be fun taking this thing into England ...

So, read on or not on my journey of vanity. Next chapter ... why this trip is about so much more than purchasing a car for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment